Wednesday, July 22, 2009

out and about

I am off on Wednesdays, during the summer Whyboy and I are out and about. Today we went to the Henry Vilas Zoo, so Whyboy could checkout the gila monster and green tree python. It is a much smaller zoo than the Milwaukee zoo, but it is in town, and free! We go there a lot. Whyboy was thrilled to see the gila monster and the green tree python. We took pictures of the gila monsters for his cousin, she doesn't believe they exist. The anaconda's were very active, which we have never seen. We stopped at the 'zoo store' and Whyboy picked out a stuffed green python.



After the zoo, we headed to Lakeside Fibers, another one of my favorite LYS's. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but they had a bunch of Mountain Colors Bearfoot sock yarn. I love Mountain Colors yarn, the colors are so rich and the yarn is yummy to work with. I couldn't make up my mind. I was chatting with 2 knitters who were visiting from OK, trying to pick out colors. I finally decided on Copper Mountain and Glacier Teal, checked out and filled my punch card. Since I now had $20 to spend, I also bought Larkspur Bearfoot and some more Mini-Mochi in Flame Rainbow. While I was shopping Whyboy was chatting away with the store clerk and his snake. He decided to name the snake 'James' and told her all about various snakes and reptiles. The clerk thought he was 'cute', which was nice. Whyboy is intense, and a bit hyper-verbal, especially about subjects he in interested in (reptiles, dinosaurs). Sometimes I wonder what people think of him when they meet him for the first time.

After stopping for some groceries, we arrived home. I finished my cabled yarn. It is drying as I type. I decided to start spinning some Blue Ring Octopus lambkins merino roving from Enchanted Knoll Farm. I love spinning lambkins, it is so soft and drafts like a dream. Planning a bulky yarn to knit something for Whyboy. I made pesto, and got dinner ready (whole wheat pasta, green beans and pesto). Whyboy has T-ball tonight, and he wants turn his room into a 'jungle' so 'James' feels at home.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! I like Mountain Colors Bearfoot, too; my socks made from it are so cozy. Enjoy your spinning!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like Bearfoot, too? How strange, LOL!

    ReplyDelete