Sunday, July 19, 2009

biking and spinning

Yesterday, my spinning mojo finally returned. I am participating in the Tour de Fleece on Ravelry. I have been in a bit of a slump, and not spinning as much as I hoped to. Most of this is due to being knocked out with an ear infection, and being on antibiotics for 3 weeks. I am finally starting to get my energy back. I cranked some Neil Young (Everybody Knows This is Nowhere), finished the singles and started the plying, for a 4 ply cabled yarn. I will discuss the full process in a later post.









This morning, we headed out to bike the Sugar River Trail. A nice level trail built on an old rail bed, through the rolling countryside.










We stopped for lunch in Monticello,WI, at the M&M Cafe. It is a little diner with great food. The pie is supposed to be wonderful, but we were saving room for ice cream. Whyboy always needs a bit of encouragement to finish the ride. After lunch, we headed across the street to play in a local park.










On the way back to the trail head, we stopped to take pictures of cows. Whyboy peddled hard on the way back....ice cream is a powerful motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment