Friday, January 1, 2010

once in a blue moon

There was a blue moon on New Year's Eve. Whyboy and I stood outside, shivering and looking at the moon. He has always been drawn to the moon. It was one of the first words he learned to say. He would look up in the sky and say "moon." As his vocabulary developed he would also announce the phase. We were both born under a winter moon.

To celebrate the moon, I started spinning "Winter Moon" the November 2008 installment of Enchanted Knoll's Happy Hooves Club. It is lovely and sparkly. It looks like the moon dancing on the snow in our backyard. Last night the moon was so bright, it illuminated the back yard, and I thought of these batts. They are a lovely, smooth spin.

My birthday was this week. This combined with the start of the New Year puts me in a reflective mood. I am grateful for my family and my friends. I am thankful that I have a creative outlet, and am able to play with fiber. I am thrilled that people actually are interested in reading about my fiber and life adventures, thank-you.

I don't make resolutions. I plan to start 2010 as I mean to go on....laughing, playing, eating well, exercising, knitting, and spinning.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful evening! Thank you for sharing your experiences and creations. Love your Winter Moon spinning. I spun mine, too, and made mittens for one of my daughters for Christmas. It's such a gorgeous colour.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete