Friday, January 29, 2010

hat trick

There was a stretch of grey, dreary days a few weeks ago. I decided a few "Bling Berets" would cheer me up.

My sister had emailed me with a picture of a slouchy beret, and asked if I could make her one. She also requested mitts for my niece, as she keep stealing hers. In the email she really laid it on thick, telling me what a wonderful sister I was, etc... The pattern she sent was for a plain beret, but I decided the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret would look better in the yarn I had in mind.

I used yarns I spun from Enchanted Knoll batts and 'millie roving'. The plum-grey one is for my sister. The yarn is a single, spun from 'Crazy Making' millie roving. The purple-blue one is for me. I spun a bulky 2 ply from 'Cat Woman' millie roving. Josette's millie rovings are a treat to spin, if you haven't tried them, you should. The pink beret is for my niece. I used Ann Budd's 'Basic Tam' pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns (I love this book). It is knit in a 3 ply bulky yarn, spun from 'Roses in the Snow' wild card batts.

I finished the 3 hats in about a week. They helped to chase away the dreary, grey days. The sun has returned. Unfortunately, it is now bone numbing cold. At least I have a warm, sparkly hat to keep me warm. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. All three of your berets are gorgeous. Your sister is very lucky!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete