Friday, September 25, 2009

end of summer

My friends and I took our annual trip to G's cottage in Door County. There was much laughter, singing (Bohemian Rhapsody was a favorite), knitting and eating. We enjoyed coffee by the water (her cottage is on Lake Michigan), both mornings. We went hiking at Whitefish Dunes State Park, and Cave Point. What a way to spend the last weekend of summer, the weather was glorious!!

I have been in a serious spinning phase.

'Dingo' Polwarth, spun from fiber dyed by David at Southern Cross Fibers. Navajo plied, light worsted weight. I love the colors.
Alpaca Merino, dyed by Jen at Laughing Rat Fibers. 'House Finch' colorway, she over dyed brown merino, the depth of color is lovely. Fingering weight, 2 ply. I gave this to my friend Kate, just because it reminded me of her.

'Adelaide' merino, from David at Southern Cross Fibers. 2ply worsted/dk-ish. I am knitting this into a lovely scarf for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment