Wednesday, December 23, 2009

down to the wire...

Mittens for Eloise (Stormy Sea BFL)

Remember in October I posted about my Dad's scarf, and how maybe this year would be different, maybe this year I would not be knitting like a maniac at the last minute? Well....I would have been done, really I would have, but I decided that I needed to knit from handspun this year (yes, I know there is a knitting store worth of commercial yarn stashed around my house).
A hat for my friend's son (Blue Ring Octopus Mernio)

A scarf for my Mom, in 'Dingo' polwarth.

Mittens for Susan ('Sari' Enchanted Knoll farm raised roving).
Maine Morning Mitts for my sister (Shetland /bamboo in Banksia from The Thylacine). She saw a picture of me wearing mine and asked...er, demanded a pair. Yes, she is spoiled.

A Ribbed Beanie for Jacob (Shetland roving from Baby Long Legs)


Now, I need to get back to knitting...2 neck warmers to finish and maybe a hat. Next year will be different......really!

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful handspun gifts! Your spinning in divine. Good luck getting the other gifts done. Like you, I'm trying to finish something today, too--an Owls sweater for my third daughter.

    Best wishes for the holidays and the coming year to you and your family!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finishing your Owls Sweater. I am heading out to the store, and then will be making pork pie for tonight.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete