Saturday, August 8, 2009

up north

Frogs. Frogs were the theme for our recent trip 'Up North'. On the 6 hour drive up, I knit away on my Tadpole socks. The pattern is easily memorized and I love knitting with the yarn. We stayed at the Garmisch Inn, a beautiful resort on a lake, near Cable, WI.
Cable is a great place to visit. We enjoyed breakfast at the Brick House Cafe (ok...we ended up eating breakfast there everyday, very yummy). Had pizza at the Rivers Eatery. We went for a bike ride on the Wild River Trail, a CAMBA trail. The single track portion of the ride was a bit of a challenge, but we got to go over a really cool bridge. We swam in the lake...it has been a cool summer in Wisconsin, the water was cold!! We spent a lot of time hunting for frogs along the river. Whyboy loved catching frogs. He declared himself an expert 'frog catcher', and told everyone we met about his frog catching technique. J and Whyboy did some fishing...no bites. One day, we drove to Bayfield, WI and caught the ferry over to Madeline Island. Whyboy played along the Lake Superior shoreline at Big Bay state park, while J and I soaked up the sun. Mostly, we just slowed down for a few days and enjoyed just 'hanging out'.

On our first morning, I sat out on the balcony, enjoying the view, drinking coffee, and knitting away on PK's socks (which I am trying to finish by September). For most of the trip I knit away on these socks. On the last night, I realized that that I mis-counted for the gusset, and would need to frog back to the heel flap....well, at least I had 6 hours of knitting on the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment