Tuesday, August 18, 2009

spinning round-up

I have caught the spinning bug. I love spinning out on my deck on a sunny day. Here are my latest yarns: A worsted weight yarn, spun from Briar Rose Fibers BFL in muted purples, greens, pinks and blues. I am thinking of using it in combination with a solid colored yarn for a sweater for me.

Blue Ring Octopus. This is spun from Merino Lambkins roving from Enchanted Knoll I love spinning this roving, it is so soft. Destined to become a hat for Whyboy. He likes to wear the yarn around his neck.

Saffron Bouquet, SW BFL, from Fluff Fibers. Spun worsted, sport weight. This yarn feels very silky, will make some lovely socks for someone.

Quite possibly my most favorite yarn to date. Midnight. Polwarth combed top Dyed by David at Southern Cross Fibre, Navajo plied, worsted weight. I am planning on using it for a pair of Fiddlehead Mittens for me. I love spinning Polwarth, and David's color sense is amazing!
Now back to the wheel....

3 comments:

  1. You have certainly been busy spinning! Those are all beautiful.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to spin. Do you go through these phases? Sometimes it is all knitting, others all spinning. I am spinning more Polwarth from Southern Cross Fibre now. I really love this fiber. It is in greys, greens and blues, planning a scarf for my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely yarns! I need to get out on my porch and spin when the weather dries up! I've been knitting more since moving here ten years ago. I love to spin!

    ReplyDelete