Wednesday, October 21, 2009

a scarf for dad

I got a head start on my Christmas knitting....
I started with my Koala handspun (Polwarth combed top, dyed by David at Southern Cross Fibre):

I realized it was the perfect yarn for a scarf for my dad. He has lovely hazel eyes, and the colors of yarn are muted, like him.I used the One Row Handspun Scarf pattern from the Yarn Harlot. Maybe I won't be half crazed trying to finish gifts this year....maybe, this will be the year.

I also cast on a scarf for me in my Adelaide handspun (Merino, dyed by David at SCF). Originally I tried the My So Called Scarf pattern, but wasn't happy with the look of it, so I frogged it. I cast on Two Weeknights with Warrick, and am loving the easy rhythm of knitting this.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scarves! Your dad is very lucky.

    Sorry to hear it's raining there again. It's the same here---pouring rain. Oh well, like you sais, it's good for knitting and spinning.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, both scarves are warm and squishy!
    Still raining...very dreary, guess I need to spin some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous yarns! I'm on a spinning jag...scarves due by Christmas...hmmm...the slowest spinner on earth is in a tight spot...double hmmm... ;o)

    ReplyDelete